This is probably the only place you need to check if you want to catch up on something recent or know about what is happening next. New Meeting information and Images from recent meeting will be posted here.
Less than 5 weeks are left for the AOA Annual Convention in Phoenix!
Last date for early-bird-registration discount and group rate for JW Marriott has been extended to Auguest 1, 2017.
This year the AOA meeting is in a completely NEW and EXCITING format. The focus is to make the meeting crisp, to encourage meaningful networking/ interaction among AIIMSONIANS across the batches, and provide a platform for showcasing the AIIMS talent.
Our new initiatives include:
- Magar Taal: AIIMS style Shark-Tank where AIIMSONIAN Entrepreneurs will present their start-ups in health, med-tech and bio-tech etc., to the meeting attendees.
These are real companies that will provide opportunities for the attendees to participate in these ventures.
AIIMSONIANs interested in presenting in Magar Taal, please contact Dr. Virender K. Sharma @ VKSHARMA@AZCDH.COM
- Gupshup: A formal platform for networking. In round-table format AOA attendees will be provided a platform to share ideas, develop collaborations and solicit advice in areas such as – Entrepreneurship and Start-ups, Career Development, Practice Management, Finance and Investments.
- Bollywood Night (Friday evening Aug 11, 2017):
Dress up like your favorite Bollywood Star on Friday evening.
Feel like a celebrity with red carpet, spot lights, paparazzi and all. Get prizes for your ‘dress up’.
If this was not enough- swoon and showcase your talent and compete for the AOA IDOL!!! Treat yourself to sumptuous formal Indian dinner and then sway to DJ with friends…all night.
- CME Presentations: Experts in various medical specialists will share the latest and the greatest developments in their respective field and future of health-care in a fun TED style talks. Crisp. Short. Interesting. Engaging!
- Formal Musical Evening (Saturday evening August 12, 2017)
Enjoy Live Music (by an internationally acclaimed professional group, all the way from LA) from rocking numbers to soft sentimental. Formal Dinner in an intimate setting.
- True Five Star Experience! JW Marriott in Desert Ridge is a Five Star facility. Resort Highlights:
Golf: Offering two picturesque 18-hole championship Phoenix area golf courses, Palmer and Faldo, situated in the rugged Sonoran Desert that feature their own distinct personality.
Family Escape Kids Club
Revive Spa: 28,000 square feet and 41 elegantly-appointed treatment rooms offer a diverse menu of spa experiences that incorporate beautiful, tranquil settings and indigenous ingredients into signature treatments where ancient rituals join force with cutting-edge techniques.
Pools: The resort offers five pools including the Mesa Pool, Wildfire Pool, Sidewinder Pool, Lazy River Outdoor Pool and the Revive Spa adult pool. There are also two whirlpools, a Lazy River, Serpentine Waterslide and Kids Splash Pad.
Fitness Center: There is a complimentary fitness center located on the ground floor near the pool and lazy river; for use by all resort guests.
- Baby Sitting available for potty-trained children during the formal evenings.
For any questions, please feel free to call me or any of the Local Core Committee members:
The important links are as under:
Link for event registration:
Link for hotel booking:
We, the organizing committee, have put in a lot of effort to make this event a grand success. We have tweaked the agenda to make it more relevant and exciting for the younger generation, but still keeping the flavor it has had in the past.
Your presence determines the success of this endeavor. Please try your best to attend. It promises to not only be a lot of fun by reconnecting with your batch-mates, but also has events which will offer avenues for personal and professional growth and some exciting financial opportunities.
We are looking forward to seeing you all there.
Also, kindly forward this email to as many of your AIIMSONIAN friends as possible. Call them and encourage them to attend. Reconnect. Have a blast!
The Organizing Committee.
Flickr Gallery 2016 meeting
FOCUS ON WHAT MATTERS THE MOST
Our FOCUS will be on three key elements most of us wanted from our association website.
Complete User Directory
Directory not only provides the information we had in Dr. Bana’s database but further enhance it with information users have shared in our dynamic website.
To Augment it even more, users can search members around them based on name and geolocation. In other words, users can either enter address they want to search or perform automated search based on their location.